The ephemera series relies on a few keys:
- ephemera, mostly from our new york trip in 2008, but also from books of religious icons
- layers of tissue paper from my mother’s over-collected set, which i took when i helped her clear out the Kennedy Drive house
- layer upon layer of acrylic washes, especially in dark blue, a technique learnt from Robyn Kinsela in 2008 or thereabouts
- The ever-important gold Posca marker, to bring light back in
- Dress pattern tissue
- Thousands of things I’d pulled out of magazines when I was collecting fruit and veg (for my goddess for example).
The paper or canvas took on a leather-like quality. I still have a few of these on my walls today in 2021. These were mostly done in 2008 or 2009 i think. a few of them went to Tom and Natalie Allen when they moved into their new home.
More of the ephemera series here.