Free stuff is always good. These are tools and templates I have developed for clients or use myself.
The first is my podcast, Smarter Data People
Here are some things I have made which you can download for free. Some of them ask you to sign up to a newsletter, some of them don’t.
Listen to my podcast, Smarter Data People Leaders in Data Science and Analytics talk about how they work smarter, faster and nicer.
Free tools for data science consulting teams
- Smart Meeting Bingo: are you wasting 20 or 40% of your time in meetings?
- Briefing form (find out what they want) – doesn’t need sign up
- Internal Consultant’s Consulting Strengths Navigator (highlight what you’re good at and what you need to work on)
- A short workbook on Self-promotion get recognised and appreciated – no sign up required
- Complex Insights Explainer: influence, persuade and seduce senior execs with your mighty data
- my Podcast: leaders in data science talking about how they work smarter, faster and nicer
Free tools for offsites
- DIY Offsite Games (sign up required)
- Offsite Planning Checklist (sign up required)
- Team User Manual for teams to get to know each other better (see here for an explanation). Doesn’t need sign up.
- Pre Mortem template (see here for an explanation). Doesn’t need sign up.
Free tools for independent consultants
- Pitch and Win Focuser for consultants trying to win work (This is not 6th grade Maths: don’t show me your work, show me the answer)
- Briefing form (find out what the client wants)
- Consulting Strengths Navigator (highlight what you’re good at and what you need to work on)
- Client Record Form (PDF) To understand your client and their personality, tailor your proposals more effectively and remember who’s who in the zoo.
How healthy is your business? Where are the gaps? Find out with these audit checklists.
- Marketing Audit Checklist (sign up required)
- Financial Systems Audit Checklist (sign up required)
- Asset Maintenance Audit Checklist (sign up required)
A series of tools for independent consultants in their own business click here to sign up:
- Invoice template
- Time-sheet template
- Action plan template
- Terms and conditions template
- Client record form template
- Client briefing form
- Magic charge out formula template (how much to charge consulting out at!)
- Consulting skills checklist
- Personal business plan template
- Sign up to get all of these tools for independent consultants: click here.
Listen to my podcast, Smarter Data People