In 2010 and 2011 I loooked at the concept of the cabinet of curiosities in a bunch of different ways.
- took previously collaged artist trading cards and attached them to canvases on grids
- painted grids and added images from the world book encyclopedia Aunty Susie had given me from the school library
- added ephemera and magazine cut outs to grids
- painted grids over old works
- copied paintings i’d painted over other grids to create abstract paintings.
It was a fruitful series, and one which continues to return to me everytime I see a set of drawers or a cabinet. Who knows, they may come back in an artist’s book some time soon?