When I made a million (possibly an exaggeration) tiny open press prints in January, I created a small research opportunity for myself.
I was looking for artist’s books in different styles to incorporate the tiny prints (mostly 5 x 5 cm).
Here’s the list I made, just in case I need it again!
follow this link to find examples of most of them.
Ones I’ve so far made:
- concertina with pockets on the bottom
- zine fold with circular cut outs (which i stitched onto a concertina here)
- concertina with pop-up panels (La Plantz, page 29)
And here are ones I haven’t yet experimented with
- double concertina
- little pamphlets
- interwoven panels (La Plantz book 2 p2)
- Star Tunnel (La Plantz book 2, page 50)
- Six armed tassel (La Plantz book 2, page 56)
- Tattoo (La Plantz book 2, page 80)
- half page (La Plantz book 2, page 108)
- Skewer Binding (La Plantz book 2, page 112)
- multi-signature recessed skewer with twisted coptic switch (La Plantz book 2, page 121)
- back to back accordion tunnel p 117 100 books
- flag concertina
- palm leaf
- X books – page 9 100 books
- winged book
- origami pocket envelope p186 100 books
- Pocket accordions – art of the fold pages 41, 45, 47
- Two sided flag – art of the fold pages60
- interlocking loops – art of the fold page 63
- blizzard book – art of the fold page 71
- blizzard pocket – art of the fold page 90
- diagonal pocket – art of the fold page 117
- panorama book – art of the fold page 133
- spider book – art of the fold page 137
- mylar pockets – art of the fold page 146